Thursday, February 26, 2009

Working with LPCS Volunteers

I think that I am one of the luckiest people I know. I get to go to work every day and know that I am making a difference in someone's life. And on top of that, I get to work with volunteers! LPCS volunteers are some of the most dedicated people I have had the chance to work with. Everyone is so passionate and committed to helping out. In the past few months, we have had more and more people come to us and want to volunteer. They all have different reasons, but many of them have said that they want to volunteer because they feel lucky that they still have thier jobs and want to help out those who have been affected by the bad economy. It has been moving to see the outpouring of support. People may not be able to support us financially, but they are more than willing to spend some of thier time with our guests.

--Heather Reynolds, Volunteer & Community Relations Coordinator

No comments: