Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update on Ryan

In the last issue of Transisitons, LPCS' print newsletter, we spotlighted a guest names Ryan.  Since we printed that article, Ryan has since moved out.  He recently sent an email updating the staff on how things were going.  Here is what he had to say:

"I want you to know I greatly appreciated the opportunity at LPCS. I thank all the volunteers and their efforts. Especially those who helped me prepare my resume. I thank [the staff] and the board members who make this possible for those who struggle in this time of need. I know, nobody was harder on myself than me...Through this experience I learned alot about myself and life. I value this experience and I hope you all reach the success that you strive for in each and every individual you bring there!
I am doing very well, I am an office manager in a doctors office. I left Illinois Masonic Medical Center after they did cutbacks, but because I did a good job as a volunteer, being hired as an employee, my manager referred me to a couple of doctors who were looking for an office manager, and I landed [my current] job. There is hope for everyone. I will be the first to say, I had alot of doubts, but it all worked out...I thank you again!"

No comments: