Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I will never forget my visit..."

A few months ago, some students from Columbia College visited the Lincoln Park Community Shelter.  We recently received a donation from the students, along with letters about their experience.  Below is one example of the letters we received. 

Dear LPCS guest, 


My name is Jessica D., and I am one of the students from Columbia College who visited LPCS about a month ago.  I interviewed two residents, and their stories changed my entire outlook on life.  I will never forget my visit to LPCS and I am much more aware of the social issues involved with homelessness now.  I am more aware and empathetic citizen, thanks to the two people I talked to.  You and all the other residents of LPCS are in my thoughts and prayers daily, and I wish you the best for the future.  I hope you enjoy the holidays and keep feeling inspired, because I feel inspired myself after visiting LPCS.  


Sincerely, 


Jessica D.

No comments: