Monday, May 12, 2014

Farewell from our Executive Director, Erin Ryan

Dear Friend of LPCS,
 

It is with gratitude for your many years of support that I would like to announce my planned departure from my position as Executive Director of the Lincoln Park Community Shelter to pursue a new career opportunity. After nearly 15 years at LPCS, and nearly 8 years as its Executive Director, I truly feel that LPCS has served me as much as I have served the organization and its Guests.
I am pleased with what we have been able to accomplish together at LPCS over these years, and especially want to thank our amazing staff and Board of Directors. During my tenure with LPCS, we have grown the organization and shepherded it through many important milestones. Some highlights include:
  • Renovating space for our programs, enabling 24/365 shelter operations for the first time, and ensuring financial stability for future growth.
  • Rebranding our image as a homeless shelter to a comprehensive service provider for adults experiencing homelessness.
  • Expanding our mission and services to meet the changing needs of Guests to include permanent supportive housing; securing our first government contract to provide 15 unit of scattered site housing.
  • Most importantly, during my time with LPCS we have been able to assist over 700 men and women end their homelessness and move into stable housing of their own.
I will not be available at LPCS after May 16, 2014. See below for a message from our Board President describing the next steps for the organization's leadership. I have no doubt that LPCS is in a strong position to continue on its mission. Thank you for all your support over the years and especially during this period of transition. 
Sincerely,


eryan@lpcsonline.org 

No comments: